Great Training just doesn't happen, it is a process.

Great Training just doesn't happen, it is a process.

Friday, November 5, 2010

bp5-Web2.0 Tools-Blogger




One of the things my school had mentioned at the beginning of the year was to improve student test scores in writing.  I started using Google documents to have my students collaborate and practice their writing skills.  I decided that I wanted to incorporate another way of having my students write and integrate a technology or Web 2.0 they are familiar with.  I am surprised that many of my students have tweeter accounts.  I ask them why they have it and they tell me it is to have people follow them.  I ask, "Why do you want them to follow you?"  Their response is...I don't know.  I see there is a desire to use Web 2.0 tools, but they don't see a clear way to use it.  

What I have done?  

I started a blog specifically for my class.  I am going to blog about specific topics that may interest kids.  My first one was about video games and their implication to their education.  I mentioned I am looking for new ways to integrate new games and any ideas would be great.  I had them work the blog when I wasn't there, so it wasn't as great of a success as I was hoping.  Next Monday, I will go over more about the blog, and blogging itself.  I will have the students work on commenting on my blog, making sure their spelling and grammar is correct. I would like to have their own blog in the future and the reason why they are blogging.  I am hoping by doing this they would enjoy writing more and improve in their test scores. 

No comments:

Post a Comment