Great Training just doesn't happen, it is a process.

Great Training just doesn't happen, it is a process.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Week1-Reading




As I read through the first chapter of The Art of Possibility named it’s all invented.  I was a little lost as to what the author was trying to convey.   From my understanding, the authors are trying to help us think outside the box.  They give the example of the 9 dots and connecting them with 4 lines.  It looks like an impossible task, but if you think beyond the confines what we assume, it is possible.   It’s all invented is just another way of saying it can re-invented because what is invented is not set in stone. 

I didn’t really understand the next chapter as well, but what I did get out of it was the more one person is focused on the self, the more difficult it is see the beyond the confinements of problems.  Also the more an individual is outer-focused, the more they are able to give and help others.  This book is training the mind by asking questions about the self and how a person can change that.  It is a self-help book in my opinion even though they state it is not.  

1 comment:

  1. I think that most of the things that we have been given over the weeks, help us to think out of the box. I understand your pov on the 9 dots and 4 lines primarily because when you sit and try to think it seems crazy, but implementation brings a whole new perspective. You always learn by doing and rearranging. I guess that is why our CBR projects are destined to help change, because of all the changes to improve them :)

    ReplyDelete