Great Training just doesn't happen, it is a process.

Great Training just doesn't happen, it is a process.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Wk3-Response to reading



Leading from the chair, chapter 5, was an incredible chapter with regards to humility and allowing others to be in a leadership position.  He even asks a thought provoking question of,"Can I see it in their eyes, posture, demeanor, are they engaged?"  I have to continue to ask myself that question and not take my position as authority, but one of looking at the other chairs in the classroom and see how they can contribute to what I am trying to do.  My plan is to make a box where my students can leave their suggestions and do project surveys for each project they do.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the chapter was thought provoking and action seeking as well. I think that getting feedback from the students is a great idea. I decided I wanted to use the white sheet concept to enable my students to feel more comfortable with giving their honest opinions. But what I also learned like yourself is that we become to complacent with being on the top and forget that as a leader we need to know that first, we have the attention of our followers and second, that we understand how to 'move' them.

    ReplyDelete