Great Training just doesn't happen, it is a process.

Great Training just doesn't happen, it is a process.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Wk3-Response to Blog#1-Tina DeLuca



Tina said:

The chapters I got the most out of were 6 and 7. Chapter 6 discusses not taking yourself so seriously. If you lighten up some more possibilities present themselves. This is contagious I have seen it happen. I had been up for several nights in a row late working on a class. I got up one morning and my youngest daughter had written me a note that said, “Mommy I am sorry that you are cranky, but I still love you.” That got my attention immediately. I started thinking about how I was acting through my day. More people started smiling around me and even my girls noticed a difference.
The Way Things Are also got my attention, over spring break my Mom and I took the girls to Lancaster, PA. The weather was raining and thunderstorms the whole time. When we arrived I said to everyone, “okay we are going to have a great time this weekend, everyone will get to choose one thing to do.” From that point on we had a great time.
I love to read a book that gives you such insight into your life. You can change how you are doing things and see an immediate difference.

Tina, I have enjoyed reading this book as well and continue to get a lot out of it.  I was really impacted by Chapter 6 as well.  I can take myself way to serious and I start getting frustrated.  It takes someone, like a child, to bring us back to reality about who we become when we take ourselves to serious.  I appreciate you sharing that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment